Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What if?

Hey, I interviewed today for a promotion at work. The interview went well, the interviewers were polite and gave the appearance of being interested in what I had to say for myself. Now, bear in mind that I really did not think I had a real chance to get the promotion when I applied because I am aware of the political aspects of job promotions. I have never been good at the playing the political part of the job world. I have a bad habit of speaking my mind and then everything goes south. (sigh) But I applied because I figure it is good training for actually getting a promotion somewhere along the line. It would also serve to sharpen my interview skills as well and let me know what kind of questions they like to ask at this place.

But what if I actually got the promotion? That would be so cool. It would be about a $15,000 promotion too! Ooh, I like the sound of that! There were a lot of people from my section interviewing for these 8 slots; people who I know and also know that they are good candidates as well. I would genuinely be happy for almost any one of them if they were promoted (even over me). But tonight, I dare to dream. Sure would like that promotion!

No comments: