Tuesday, May 15, 2007

War

War. How can it be that we are involved in another never ending, head where the sun doesn't shine, daily loss of life? How can it be that George W. Bush learned nothing from Vietnam? I suppose he was too busy filling his face by means of silver spoons to realize that there really was something wrong with our involvement in the internal affairs of another country. I suppose he was too busy getting inebriated to attend his national guard drills. This is a real unqualified person in office. Another example of how Americans can be sold a bill of goods that are nothing short of stupidity!

The morning media was abuzz with the news of missing soldiers in Iraq. The liklihood of torture and sure death of these people serving their country in such a noble manner. That fulfillment of promises made when they took the oath of enlistment, swearing to uphold the constitution of the United States and obeying the orders of the president and the officers appointed over them. That fulfillment of promises even when the president himself was unwilling to fulfill his oath when he was a member of the reserve forces. Even when the president exibits stupidity that would confound any intelligent human being. I cannot help but feel the pain of the father being interviewed as the fate of his son remains in question. You see, my son now serves in the U.S. Navy and is stationed in that region of the world. My second son has now enlisted in the U.S. Navy and is scheduled for basic training in September. I served in the U.S. Army for 8 years of active duty which included Gulf War I. We felt that that war was justified because of the invasion of Kuwait and the internal affairs of Iraq were not meddled with. I say all this to render credibility to my words. I am left with an emptiness that engulfs my being when I am aware of our powers of government continuing on a course of utter nonsense, refusing to listen to the warnings of voices about the insanity of it all! Is George W. Bush really this stupid or is his voice driven by the money of oil companies who want control of oil fields. We know that they have already gained literally billions of dollars from this war. Only George W. Bush and God knows how much he has gained from it. It is staggaring to think!

Having served in the U.S. Army, I know the honor in which our soldiers serve. They deserve better than the stupidiy of our president!

No comments: